Jump to content

Pylontech US3000c


MrOccO
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All, please can I ask some guidance with tech gurus here. We just purchased another 3000 pylontech battery. I see the new model is revised. The previous 2000 and 3000 we have used a RJ11 console port. We have a cable that communicated fine with the batteries to the PC via serial RS232. The new 3000c unit has a RJ45 console port. Anyone know what the pinout is for the console port in order for me to make up a new cable? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

I came across this problem last week when trying to install new US3000C batteries.

I know you asked this a little while ago, but hopefully this helps you...

I asked around and tried to get a definitive answer to this. No one could help.

I kept getting given the incorrect cable pin outs.

Eventually I used a bit of logic with the manual and what I could find on the net, and figured it out.

I made up my own cable and it worked perfectly.

here's the pinouts for the new US3000C model.

Battery Pin 8 to Inverter Pin 3 ; Battery Pin 7 to Inverter Pin 5

Good luck ;)

Let me know if this helps you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DeeJay said:

Hi there.

I came across this problem last week when trying to install new US3000C batteries.

I know you asked this a little while ago, but hopefully this helps you...

I asked around and tried to get a definitive answer to this. No one could help.

I kept getting given the incorrect cable pin outs.

Eventually I used a bit of logic with the manual and what I could find on the net, and figured it out.

I made up my own cable and it worked perfectly.

here's the pinouts for the new US3000C model.

Battery Pin 8 to Inverter Pin 3 ; Battery Pin 7 to Inverter Pin 5

Good luck ;)

Let me know if this helps you?

I think that what @MrOccO is wanting to do is to connect the "console port" (RJ-11) to his PC's serial port (RS-232), not the inverter. The US3000C does not have a console port, so the only options are RS-485 (RJ-45 connector) and CAN-bus (the latter which is probably being either used for inverter comms, or BMS comms in the event of multiple batteries). So the only viable option seems to be to use the RS-485 port. The electrical signal characteristics of RS-232 and RS-485 differ, so a converter is necessary, like a RS232 to RS485 adapter such as this.

XY RS-232 TO RS-485 CONVERTOR related image

I could be wrong though, if anyone knows of another / easier way to get serial comms to a Pylontech US3000C, please correct me?

@MrOccO, this is also just theory, I have also not physically done this before, so getting a converter and hooking it up might still not work, for a variety of reasons. And the console provides a command line interface (cli), whereas I am led to believe that the RS-485 uses the modbus protocol and commands. It may be best to consult the vendor of the PC software that you are using, if any, for further clarification.

 

Edit: I see that Centurion Solar has a cable that may/ may not work. 

Edited by YellowTapemeasure
added hyperlink
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys, just an update. I have managed to get it working. @YellowTapemeasureThe unit does have a console port but now they use a RJ45 connection. My frustration is dropping 20k per battery and the vendor does not want to know you in terms of support. Frustrating. Anyway the pinout is as follows for anyone else looking for it:

RJ45 CONNECTOR:-------------- > DB9 RS232
PIN 1 -------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 2-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 3-------------- > PIN 2
PIN 4-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 5-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 6-------------- > PIN 3
PIN 7-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 8-------------- > PIN 5

Yani from Multisib had to make an update on his brilliant program and now Multisib communicates with Pylontech and Invertor flawlessly. 

Thanks @DeeJayand @YellowTapemeasurefor your valuable feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MrOccO said:

Hi Guys, just an update. I have managed to get it working. @YellowTapemeasureThe unit does have a console port but now they use a RJ45 connection. My frustration is dropping 20k per battery and the vendor does not want to know you in terms of support. Frustrating. Anyway the pinout is as follows for anyone else looking for it:

RJ45 CONNECTOR:-------------- > DB9 RS232
PIN 1 -------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 2-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 3-------------- > PIN 2
PIN 4-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 5-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 6-------------- > PIN 3
PIN 7-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 8-------------- > PIN 5

Yani from Multisib had to make an update on his brilliant program and now Multisib communicates with Pylontech and Invertor flawlessly. 

Thanks @DeeJayand @YellowTapemeasurefor your valuable feedback.

Ah yes, I now see it :blink:

 

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

console port.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting I'll also try and make one myself.  Previously I bought one here for R650: https://solar-assistant.io/shop

It seems like the CenturionSolar/ICC pylontech cable works on SolarAssistant and vice versa.  Software is significantly different though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MrOccO said:

Hi Guys, just an update. I have managed to get it working. @YellowTapemeasureThe unit does have a console port but now they use a RJ45 connection. My frustration is dropping 20k per battery and the vendor does not want to know you in terms of support. Frustrating. Anyway the pinout is as follows for anyone else looking for it:

RJ45 CONNECTOR:-------------- > DB9 RS232
PIN 1 -------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 2-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 3-------------- > PIN 2
PIN 4-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 5-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 6-------------- > PIN 3
PIN 7-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 8-------------- > PIN 5

Yani from Multisib had to make an update on his brilliant program and now Multisib communicates with Pylontech and Invertor flawlessly. 

Thanks @DeeJayand @YellowTapemeasurefor your valuable feedback.

Hi @MrOccO

I just want to confirm something, you mention that:

RJ45 PIN 3 ------- DB9 PIN 2
RJ45 PIN 6 ------- DB9 PIN 3

Is that male or female DB9?  Because PIN2 and PIN3 is swapped between male and female.  It swaps the RX and TX of course.

 

image.thumb.png.0cbe1acf520b18847e85017f39e459e2.png 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021/01/26 at 6:44 AM, MrOccO said:

Hi Guys, just an update. I have managed to get it working. @YellowTapemeasureThe unit does have a console port but now they use a RJ45 connection. My frustration is dropping 20k per battery and the vendor does not want to know you in terms of support. Frustrating. Anyway the pinout is as follows for anyone else looking for it:

RJ45 CONNECTOR:-------------- > DB9 RS232
PIN 1 -------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 2-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 3-------------- > PIN 2
PIN 4-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 5-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 6-------------- > PIN 3
PIN 7-------------- > NOT CONNECTED
PIN 8-------------- > PIN 5

Yani from Multisib had to make an update on his brilliant program and now Multisib communicates with Pylontech and Invertor flawlessly. 

Thanks @DeeJayand @YellowTapemeasurefor your valuable feedback.

Thank you so much for this information, I have 3 US3000B bateries and bought another one, but instead of them sending me a B they sent me a C!!!

 

I had a RJ11 to DB-9 Serial to usb going into a rapsberry pi for ICC Solar, and it wasn't a pleasant surprise to see that they changed the console port from rj11 to a rj45, even if the RJ11 fits It doesn't work on the C

 

Then I had the idea of making the C battery a Slave (and just conect the RJ11 on the B Master) but that doesn't work because apparently the C has to be the master if you have any Bs

 

Anyways I did the cable and it works perfectly with icc, here's a more visual thingy if you wanna make it and wherever your db-9 port is male or female:

xAoe4Fb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Battery view does not want to communicate with US2000C. I created the cable according to the instructions above. Is there a new version of Battery view that can display the status of the US2000C / 3000C ??? Is there any other program to view BMS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Japie Muller said:

Good day,

How do I know if I have the Pylontech US3000B or OS3000C.  The part number that I can see is US3000NA01V00101 but I cannot find any information to tell me if it is the B or C?

 

 

Check your RS232 console port.  If it looks like a phone line you have an A or B. If it looks like a network port you have C.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

 

as I also bought 2 US2000C and attached ist to my 4 US2000B. I can tell you ist is working well. I use this Software to Monitor both inverters and all batteries. Just give it a try. No installation needed, just connect your serial cable using a rs232 to USB Adapter.

Software can be found here : www.multisibcontrol.net

Regards

Markus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Can please help me someone with an info about the console cable for this us2000C? I have 3 of them in parallel with other 2 us2000 plus. I can see al 5 under multisib software ( doesn't matter what baud rate is selected with the dip switch), but I get "time out" message in battery view every single time. If I use the cable from ICC with the rj11 i can see the plus pylontech, but only the plus and the one what is actually connected. I want to see all 5 under solpiplog.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021/03/22 at 2:03 AM, rezna8 said:

Battery view does not want to communicate with US2000C. I created the cable according to the instructions above. Is there a new version of Battery view that can display the status of the US2000C / 3000C ??? Is there any other program to view BMS?

 

Try BatteryView version 3.0.24 from the thread below. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021/03/25 at 5:03 PM, Japie Muller said:

Good day,

How do I know if I have the Pylontech US3000B or OS3000C.  The part number that I can see is US3000NA01V00101 but I cannot find any information to tell me if it is the B or C?

 

 

Use BatteryView from my previous post on this thread. There will be info on the left hand side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good morning to all the guru's (I am totally technical ignoramus - and Newbie on this site, plse excuse any breaches of protocol)

I just replaced the previous batteries on my system with 3 Pylontech US3000C batteries - similar to other people (Deejay and Occo above) I have problems with the new RS485 port when my inverter has a RS232 comms port. I have a Solax SK-SU5000E inverter.

I see that they found a solution for their comms cable problems and if anybody could help me to find out what the pinouts must be to connect the batteries to my inverter I would be extremely grateful. Even if someone can just give me a reference to an expert who might know - After spending what I consider to be a lot of money on the batteries which are currently paperweights I would really be willing to pay a lot for a solution!!

I have contacted the battery supplier and Solax, but without any joy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...