Hubble Lithium Battery AM-2 5.5kWh

system32

22 hours ago, Gerry R said:

Hi All, has anyone tried "pbms tools v2.5" on their Hubbles.

This is what I get:

hubble_monitor_P1.JPG

hubble_monitor_P2.JPG

Nice find.

Tried it yesterday. I found a version on https://shop.thesunpays.co.za/pages/technical-support - seems an older version.

Provides really useful information - like current firmware version.

pbms tools also shows that Solar-Assistant temperature is incorrect. I've logged an issue with SA wrt temperature, but no feedback yet.

8 hours ago, Gerry R said:

Does that mean that you have to load 1.46 first on both and then 2.05?

No... The older model will only accept the 1.46 version and the newer model will accept the 2.05. If you are installing the 2.05 on a battery and it says bin file error then install 1.46 on it and it will update. 

3 hours ago, Leshen said:

No... The older model will only accept the 1.46 version and the newer model will accept the 2.05. If you are installing the 2.05 on a battery and it says bin file error then install 1.46 on it and it will update. 

I bought my first battery in sepetermebt last year only installed it last week it took v 2.05

Then got the new battery on Tuesday this past week it didn't take 2.05 gave a bin error it took the 1.46

I tried the 2.05 first on the newest battery it failed 

The battery from September failed on 1.46 but worked on 2.05 

• 4 weeks later...

Woke up to a beeping Sunsynk this morning. Batteries reporting 0% SOC. 

Suddenly dropped from 40% to 0% in minutes at around 06:00 this morning. No difference in usage patterns compared to the night before. 

SA reports both at 100% SOC now but also 45ah capacity left. 

Time to upgrade the Firmware. Will request the push via RIOT or do a manual flash with the SA cable. 

Good day,

Can anyone assist with mounting my AM-2 Batteries inside a Server Rack?

The photo below comes direct from Hubble's website and even the specs say they can be wall-mounted or Rack Mounted.

I have contacted Hubble themselves and they referred me to Voltex | Your electrical connection
Contacted Voltex and they also have no idea how to mount these batteries.

Any guidance and or assistance in the right direction please? Anyone else have these rack-mounted?

image.png.a46181c30518209f5a7b18c850f948ab.png

am-2-racked-2_orig.jpg

1 hour ago, valienté said:

Good day,

<SNIP>

If you use a shelf that's held at front & back you should be able to use any rack that's big enough.
image.png.02e056dc85ba8bb255a9f4a8d02fb236.png

Sides removed to show mounting:

image.png.3ae9a5269db2b73cc76b3c8b3df87d1c.png

I used these shelves to hold equipment that does not have rack mount holes / rail kit.

Edited by system32

1 hour ago, valienté said:

Good day,

The photo below comes direct from Hubble's website and even the specs say they can be wall-mounted or Rack Mounted.

I have contacted Hubble themselves and they referred me to Voltex | Your electrical connection
Contacted Voltex and they also have no idea how to mount these batteries.

Any guidance and or assistance in the right direction please? Anyone else have these rack-mounted?

image.png.a46181c30518209f5a7b18c850f948ab.png

am-2-racked-2_orig.jpg

Number of options available - 
If the unit being mounted does not have mounting screw facilities - as per AM2, best to use either the single rack per battery, as listed by system32 or if the batteries are the same size (width) as your rack allowing no horizontal movement, use the mounting angle sleeves.   (Basically right-angle sleeves mounted on vertical rail posts allowing battery to be slipped in.
NB:  Batteries are heavy, thus the choice of rail must be able to accomodate the weight (42kg) 
Listed as;

# Mounting Angle for use with 19"   (Made by Rittal - RS Components)
# Navepoint 1U rackmount 4-post shelf rail (Amazon)

Screen Shot 07-05-22 at 01.35 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 07-05-22 at 01.36 PM.JPG

Screen Shot 07-05-22 at 01.38 PM.JPG

35 minutes ago, Bluefronted said:

Hi Guys,

One of my Hubble 5.5 kWh batteries ,according to Hubble, needs a software update but i need a USB to RS232 cable like the one below. Where can i find such a cable.

hubble_am-full-a7ebd2a4ef064122fc697c63ad41474e.png

You have 2 options
1) Make your own - you need an USB/Serial adapter and an RJ10 connector
The parts costs ~R150 (you will need a crimping tool) - see
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/11206-hubble-lithium-battery-am-2-55kwh/?do=findComment&comment=120061

2) Buy a premium quality tested cable from Solar-Assistant.io
https://solar-assistant.io/shop/products/hubble_am

Edited by system32

47 minutes ago, Bluefronted said:

Hi Guys,

One of my Hubble 5.5 kWh batteries ,according to Hubble, needs a software update but i need a USB to RS232 cable like the one below. Where can i find such a cable.

You can buy it from Hubble.

25 minutes ago, system32 said:

You have 2 options
1) Make your own - you need an USB/Serial adapter and an RJ10 connector
The parts costs ~R150 (you will need a crimping tool) - see
https://powerforum.co.za/topic/11206-hubble-lithium-battery-am-2-55kwh/?do=findComment&comment=120061

2) Buy a premium quality tested cable from Solar-Assistant.io
https://solar-assistant.io/shop/products/hubble_am

thanks

15 hours ago, PowerUser said:

If I'm not mistaken, I see in your pictures that you already have the Hubble Cloudlink. Then Hubble should be able to remotely upgrade your firmware. There is no need for the cable.

Hi,

I did chat to the guys at Hubble, they said it's not possible to upgrade via the Cloudlink. They send an email from which you will have 15 minutes to do the upgrade , not sure why the 15 min limit

I was referred to these options for the comms cable:

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/549877191/1_8M_USB_TO_RJ45_Console_Serial_Console_Cable_Express_Network_Routers_Cable.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwwo-WBhAMEiwAV4dybfr7LKs1h05bNGRZQkPDIFGSx9x4ldo8BK8yeWrRYPv7SfVDG3OCkRoC4dIQAvD_BwE

https://www.makro.co.za/electronics-computers/computers-tablets/storage-hard-drives/optical-storage/rj45-usb-adapter-lan-card-ethernet-adaptor-network-10-100-mbps-usblan-/p/40d12d3b-2200-4b87-aa1c-29659641cc78

15 minutes ago, Bluefronted said:

This doesn't make sense. You need USB to RJ11 not USB to RJ45. Maybe double check with them. I bought a cable from them but they had to ship it from CPT because their JHB branch didn't keep stock.

And why can't they upgrade the firmware via the Cloudlink? It's one of their selling points for the Cloudlink - easy firmware updates OTA.

Edited by PowerUser

1 hour ago, PowerUser said:

This doesn't make sense. You need USB to RJ11 not USB to RJ45. Maybe double check with them. I bought a cable from them but they had to ship it from CPT because their JHB branch didn't keep stock.

And why can't they upgrade the firmware via the Cloudlink? It's one of their selling points for the Cloudlink - easy firmware updates OTA.

They could not assist me via Cloudlink, had to DIY...

1 hour ago, PowerUser said:

Actually it's USB to RJ-12 (6 pin)

2 hours ago, Bluefronted said:

1) You have 15 minutes to download the software, firmware, password from the file share site.
You can install at your leisure.

AFAIK, neither of the two cables will work:

• The bidorbuy cable is USB TO RJ45 Console Serial - AFAIK, you need an RJ12 end.
  • The makro cable is a USB TO Lan Ethernet 10/100 Mbps RJ45, this is the wrong protocol and wrong RJ plug.

I used the USB TO Serial RJ10/RJ12 cable from Solar-Assistant.io
Solar-Assistant.io call it a USB to Serial RJ10
Cloud-Link call it a Serial RJ12 plug

On 2022/07/05 at 3:11 PM, Bluefronted said:

Hi Guys,

Hey Man

You can get hold of a guy call Riaan, he will make one for you and courier it to you.

Riaan Heath <[email protected]>

Edited by uDuWaR

On 2022/07/06 at 7:56 AM, PowerUser said:

Good point @PowerUser

I'd like to see Hubble ( @HubbleLithium ) confirm this, as you mentioned this was the only reason I invested in the Cloudlink (RIOT).  They promoted this as the primary reason to ensure remote assessment of the batteries and remote upgrades, ensuring one did not have to lug these units to Hubble every time there was an issue.  Especially relevant for those in remote locations. 
The monitoring facility on the Cloudlink does not meet the standards on many other solutions and hence this would render these devices purposeless.

1 hour ago, HiTech said:

Good point @PowerUser

I'd like to see Hubble ( @HubbleLithium ) confirm this, as you mentioned this was the only reason I invested in the Cloudlink (RIOT).  They promoted this as the primary reason to ensure remote assessment of the batteries and remote upgrades, ensuring one did not have to lug these units to Hubble every time there was an issue.  Especially relevant for those in remote locations. 
The monitoring facility on the Cloudlink does not meet the standards on many other solutions and hence this would render these devices purposeless.

In my understanding, the Cloudlink provides remote monitoring (and some tweaking) of the Hubble batteries, by the owner as well as Hubble themselves. You are welcome to correct me if I am wrong, but I don't recall Hubble ever stating that it was to be used for BMS firmware updates, those were always performed in-person, on site with the USB to RJ-12 cable from a laptop.

Personally, I am happier with on-site updates, I think that it is purely for safety's sake, the procedure ensures a competent person on site. Imagine the potential drama if a firmware update for some reason goes wrong (bad wifi?) and the BMS gets left in an unknown state, who knows what could possibly happen with all of that energy. 

Do you know of any other battery manufacturers who allow unattended OTA firmware updates?