SunSynk 5kW, 8kW and 12kW latest firmware version

PowerUser

• 3 weeks later...

I and many others have Sunsynk 8K with Pylontech over charging the Batt

Mine is overcharged to 53,66 volt and holds it there for all the afternoon (Batt charged at 11:00 )

No grid feedback

Plylontech US3000B spec is

80096092_Pylontechsettings.PNG.27b6d7ee724359288ea2e3c113796cc8.PNG

Bulk is 53.2 V

Float is around 51 V

Many uses don't know this and will damage  Batt over time

This my BMS values from my ICM monitoring software

image.thumb.jpeg.22bc95ab2abb56d94641cb29fa8aa7b2.jpeg

This will kill the batt over time charging it at 53.66 volts continuously

Even if you look at the BMS info on the inverter it says charging voltage and also indicates its current charging voltage of 53.66 volts

Sunsynk need to bring the charging voltage Down to 52.6 volts to preserve our pylonech batt.

From a diff sources :

Pylontech are all 15S.
Charge voltage is MAX 53.3 :)
If you look at the values indicated by the BMS,
you will see that it clearly says 53.3 max voltage.
And it is not normal for the inverter to keep the
batteries at 53.4 for x hours. When everything is working normally,
the voltage rises and falls at normal rates.

From Victron 

When DVCC is enabled, the battery (via the CAN-bms) is responsible for the charge voltage. The Pylontech battery requests a charge voltage of 53.2V. We have however found that in practice this is too high.

The Pylontech battery has 15 cells in series, so 53.2V equates to 3.55V per cell. This is very highly charged and makes the system prone to go overvoltage.

It should also be noted that a LiFePO4 cell stores very little additional energy above 3.45V.

For this reason we opted to override the BMS and cap the voltage at 52.4V. This sacrifices almost none of the capacity and greatly improves the stability of the system.

We need to get the attention of the Pylontech uses so we can get this sorted by Sunsynk soonest

Regards

Colin

On 2023/03/09 at 7:34 PM, ColinR4 said:

Mine is overcharged to 53,66 volt and holds it there for all the afternoon (Batt charged at 11:00 )

No grid feedback

Bulk is 53.2 V

Float is around 51 V

Even if you look at the BMS info on the inverter it says charging voltage and also indicates its current charging voltage of 53.66 volts

Sunsynk need to bring the charging voltage Down to 52.6 volts to preserve our pylonech batt.

From a diff sources :

Pylontech are all 15S.

From Victron 

When DVCC is enabled, the battery (via the CAN-bms) is responsible for the charge voltage. The Pylontech battery requests a charge voltage of 53.2V. We have however found that in practice this is too high.

The Pylontech battery has 15 cells in series, so 53.2V equates to 3.55V per cell. This is very highly charged and makes the system prone to go overvoltage.

It should also be noted that a LiFePO4 cell stores very little additional energy above 3.45V.

For this reason we opted to override the BMS and cap the voltage at 52.4V. This sacrifices almost none of the capacity and greatly improves the stability of the system.

We need to get the attention of the Pylontech uses so we can get this sorted by Sunsynk soonest

Regards

Colin

This is spot on.

How I wish things will be standardized on inverter/bms comms. Or atleast give the users an ease of access to settings. Yeah, we could use voltage mode but meh. Inverter/bms comms should be optimal.

On 2023/03/09 at 1:34 PM, ColinR4 said:

No grid feedback

Bulk is 53.2 V

Float is around 51 V

From a diff sources :

Pylontech are all 15S.

From Victron 

Regards

Colin

I wonder if this is limited to SunSynk/PylonTech only or a more widespread problem. I have similar problem with 8kw inverter and Shoto SDC10-Box5 (16S) batteries. If I'm not mistaken both Shoto and PylonTech uses SeplosBMS? Perhaps issues is between SunSynk and SeplosBMS somewhere?

Refer to another thread from this post onwards : 

I've also posted on the SunSynk forum:  https://www.sunsynk.org/forum/techical-support/inverter-battery-charge-voltage-too-high about this. Will prompt Joel from SunSynk or some tech support tomorrow on it.

On 2023/02/27 at 6:58 PM, rob1 said:

Did you ever get an answer to this? I assume I'm dealing with the same thing...

On 2023/03/09 at 1:34 PM, ColinR4 said:

No grid feedback

Bulk is 53.2 V

Float is around 51 V

From a diff sources :

Pylontech are all 15S.

From Victron 

Regards

Colin

12 hours ago, power.esrl3 said:

This is spot on.

How I wish things will be standardized on inverter/bms comms. Or atleast give the users an ease of access to settings. Yeah, we could use voltage mode but meh. Inverter/bms comms should be optimal.

1 hour ago, jgdt said:

I wonder if this is limited to SunSynk/PylonTech only or a more widespread problem. I have similar problem with 8kw inverter and Shoto SDC10-Box5 (16S) batteries. If I'm not mistaken both Shoto and PylonTech uses SeplosBMS? Perhaps issues is between SunSynk and SeplosBMS somewhere?

Refer to another thread from this post onwards : 

I've also posted on the SunSynk forum:  https://www.sunsynk.org/forum/techical-support/inverter-battery-charge-voltage-too-high about this. Will prompt Joel from SunSynk or some tech support tomorrow on it.

Guys, as I requested in the first port, can we PLEASE keep this thread clean and for reporting the latest firmware versions ONLY! There are hundreds of other thread where you can discuss various firmware and technical issues.

Thank you for understanding!

31 minutes ago, Francois van Wyk said:

Hi,

I require assistance to update the firmware of my sunsynk 8 Kw Inverter to the latest version.

Thanks

Francois

You can request a firmware upgrade via:
https://www.sunsynk.org/up-grade

You need the SunSynk (or SolarMan) data logger.
Takes a a few days for the support team to action.

Note: Upgrade the firmware if you are needed a fix or need a new feature (eg you need Low Power Mode or High Pitch Noise Fix).
If your inverter is working as you expect then there is little reason to upgrade.
Upgrades come with some risks - I had a case where after a firmware upgrade the inverter had a subtle issue (not easy to observe), the inverter was incorrectly prioritizing battery over solar for load. I had to request another newer firmware. Fortunately that fixed the issue. Because of lack of change logs, I've decided to leave things that are working well alone.

Edited by system32

Yes, don't mess around with FW updates if nothing is broken. I had an FW update done last year. They initiated it at around 21:00 and all that was running was the house load and one AC. The power went off so I assumed aah that must be the update doing its thing. The power came back on and off again instantly with the inverter giving an F34 - AC Overload error.

Had to take the inverter into Sunsynk in JHB and they replaced the whole PC board. At their expense. I am done with FW updates on my inverter for now.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Chris_S said:

Those that have upgraded their firmware for the high pitched noise reduction. How's the upgrade doing? Any issues? 

Hi @Chris_S

Pleeeeeese, as I requested multiple times before, let’s keep this thread for reporting the latest available versions only, as this is not done on the manufacturer’s website. Let’s not turn it into full blown discussion about issues and bug fixes. 

1 hour ago, PowerUser said:

Hi @Chris_S

Pleeeeeese, as I requested multiple times before, let’s keep this thread for reporting the latest available versions only, as this is not done on the manufacturer’s website. Let’s not turn it into full blown discussion about issues and bug fixes. 

5k -3384 , 8k-6022,12k -1128, 16k - 9022,

E42A for 1ph and for 3 ph 12k E032

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/04/17 at 6:37 PM, mzezman said:

Nope - not anywhere general users like you and i can access. Not sure if installers have access to a changelog

Meh, not even distributors. I dont understand the policy of this firmware sh#t. Its been a mess for a while now e.g. manufacturer/distributors bricking inverters due to uploading wrong firmware files smh.

Sorry for hijacking the thread again OP. I feel the urge to reply to this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...