Sunsynk - CT Clamp

Bloubul7

1 hour ago, Chockies said:

From reading the 5.5 kw Sunsynk inverter manual, 3 & 4 is for the CT coil and 5 &6 is for Gen Startup Relay.
I can try 5&6, but it sounded like everyone has come to the agreement that for the 5.5 KW inverter it should be 3&4. 

Yes. Apologies, thought it was an 8kw inverter. My bad. 

19 hours ago, Chockies said:

Last question to check my understanding - When you change the system mode to "Limit to load", it then uses an internal CT coil and does not need the external one, right?

With the sunsynk/deye inverters you must always have the CT installed ( Correctly at your incoming eskom/utility live line before other circuits ) to ensure everything works correctly.

Quick update on my situation...
I took a chance and went straight to the Sunsynk service center and asked if they can please test my CT Coil - Ten minutes later they came back and confirmed it was faulty and gave me a new one, no questions asked! 

Hooked it up today - And everything is working as expected!! 🥳🎉

Definitely best to test with PV off - Can confirm that if your little Eskom smart meter says you are using 1.4 kW, then the CT reading on the inverter must also show 1.4 kW.

I noticed there is a variance of about 10 - 20 watts, but believe this is ok

1 hour ago, Chockies said:

I took a chance and went straight to the Sunsynk service center and asked if they can please test my CT Coil - Ten minutes later they came back and confirmed it was faulty and gave me a new one, no questions asked! 

Definitely best to test with PV off - Can confirm that if your little Eskom smart meter says you are using 1.4 kW, then the CT reading on the inverter must also show 1.4 kW.

Did you just take the CT coil with you or the whole inverter?

On 2023/07/07 at 7:57 PM, TestTube said:

Did you get an answer to this issue?
Does anyone know?
I've got the same issue now with my own installation. Will check tomorrow if the CT is sitting on the UPS load side and not the feed from the grid.
Or did RiazM return his inverter to the supplier and I got given that faulty one instead? ( Yes, I'm that cynical..! )

Just check your CT Ratio value in Advanced menu. 

6 hours ago, Chockies said:

That small difference is all in order. The inverter will not show it's own use to operate and at times it's own use could be split between grid and battery use. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi , I have a Sunsynk 5Kva invertor with 10 x 455 panels and 2 x Revo 5,1 Kva batteries installed and having issues , no support from installer hence my request for assistance on this forum. During load shedding the system is drawing the load from both the Solar and Batteries but during normal Eskom power it draws almost nothing from Solar and uses grid instead which is costing me money . I went through a few videos and noted the mention of CT coil but I dont see this unit displayed under system flow chart settings in my invertor. Would this be the reason why the invertor is not drawing from Solar but grid instead? I also note that AGM has been selected even though I have 2 Lithium batteries with BMS instead of Lithium. Thanks in advance.