Hubble battery delivery delay.

Vaal

1 minute ago, Energy-Jason said:

Thank you for the update. I have had a chat to the ceo of Hubble this evening and he has expressed the unforseen supply chain issues. Also affecting others .

I can guarantee you will receive your units.

Sincerely

Jason

Thanks for your effort. 

These backlogs then raise an interesting question and thought... pairing different batteries from different manufacturers e.g. 24v 100Ah Pylontech UP2500 Lithium Battery with a HUBBLE AM-4 Battery 25.5v 2.6KWh. On the surface, it seems illogical, but can it be done? If the Cloudlink for Hubble supports Pylontech, is there hope or it's a pie in the sky? YouTube video link at 3mins:

)

5 hours ago, Moffat said:

These backlogs then raise an interesting question and thought... pairing different batteries from different manufacturers e.g. 24v 100Ah Pylontech UP2500 Lithium Battery with a HUBBLE AM-4 Battery 25.5v 2.6KWh. On the surface, it seems illogical, but can it be done? If the Cloudlink for Hubble supports Pylontech, is there hope or it's a pie in the sky? YouTube video link at 3mins:

Did you attach the correct link because the video I saw was just a advertisement for Hubble done by Voltex or am I having it wrong? 

On 2021/12/29 at 7:16 AM, Vaal said:

Did you attach the correct link because the video I saw was just a advertisement for Hubble done by Voltex or am I having it wrong? 

On 2021/12/29 at 7:16 AM, Vaal said:

It is the correct link. I'm just trying to figure out if the Hubble Cloud link is touted to be used also with Pylontech batteries and if so, if there, then an option to be able to pair two sets of different manufacturer batteries to one system and have them monitored via the could link?

6 minutes ago, Moffat said:

It is the correct link. I'm just trying to figure out if the Hubble Cloud link is touted to be used also with Pylontech batteries and if so, if there, then an option to be able to pair two sets of different manufacturer batteries to one system and have them monitored via the could link?

I would also like to know. If not, are you then "stuck" with the battery manufacturer with whom you started? 

Just now, Vaal said:

I would also like to know. If not, are you then "stuck" with the battery manufacturer with whom you started? 

To be fair, all the literature I have read online and my enquiries with installers points to the position that once you begin with one manufacturer, you are stuck with them. On the whole most contend you cannot mix batteries across vendors because of differences such as:

* Battery internal resistance differences (which also even occurs amongst same vendors but different battery firmwares);

* Different C-rating... etc

22 minutes ago, Moffat said:

To be fair, all the literature I have read online and my enquiries with installers points to the position that once you begin with one manufacturer, you are stuck with them. On the whole most contend you cannot mix batteries across vendors because of differences such as:

* Battery internal resistance differences (which also even occurs amongst same vendors but different battery firmwares);

* Different C-rating... etc

That is also what I've read. 

4 minutes ago, Vaal said:

That is also what I've read. 

Consequently then, you and I agree that given what we have read and are told, it means this becomes somewhat of an entry barrier to new battery chemistries as at inception, they are unproven over the course of time and any reviews or opinions shared could be skewed towards an increase in sales rather than the truth of them being good, efficient or competitive by way of longevity. Also component replacements such as BMSs may not be readily available or chips given the present global supply chain constraints and chip shortages, meaning any warranties or guarantees may not be worth the paper it's written on.

Hence one would then rather deal with current battery manufactures of "repute" and I say that with a bucket of salt, not just a pinch! lolest.

2 minutes ago, Moffat said:

Consequently then, you and I agree that given what we have read and are told, it means this becomes somewhat of an entry barrier to new battery chemistries as at inception, they are unproven over the course of time and any reviews or opinions shared could be skewed towards an increase in sales rather than the truth of them being good, efficient or competitive by way of longevity. Also component replacements such as BMSs may not be readily available or chips given the present global supply chain constraints and chip shortages, meaning any warranties or guarantees may not be worth the paper it's written on.

Hence one would then rather deal with current battery manufactures of "repute" and I say that with a bucket of salt, not just a pinch! lolest.

Correct. Hopefully it doesn't become like the lead acid battery era, where you had to change the whole bank if you want upgrade. That is the problem when technology advance at such a "rabid" rappid rate. How long is it sustainable? I wonder. 

48 minutes ago, Vaal said:

Correct. Hopefully it doesn't become like the lead acid battery era, where you had to change the whole bank if you want upgrade. That is the problem when technology advance at such a "rabid" rappid rate. How long is it sustainable? I wonder. 

The silver lining so far is that Pylontech has managed somehow to be able to pair some of their legacy batteries with newer ones, not sure about Hubble batteries and Dyness and the Powerwall which seem not to be able to be mixed.

• 2 weeks later...

You should only consider pairing different batteries if the chemistry and number of series strings are the same (and ofc. the BMS supports parallel batteries).

But pairing Hubble with Pylon would be a disaster IMO since they don't even use the same chemistry.

• 4 months later...

I should have read this before paying for the hubble. It's been 25 days and no detail from powerforum on when to expect the battery. Originally it was 1 June, and then 'Monday to Wednesday this week' and then 'in the next day or two' and now it's anyone's guess. The other R80 investment is idle and useless without the battery

6 minutes ago, SolarKoos said:

I should have read this before paying for the hubble. It's been 25 days and no detail from powerforum on when to expect the battery. Originally it was 1 June, and then 'Monday to Wednesday this week' and then 'in the next day or two' and now it's anyone's guess. The other R80 investment is idle and useless without the battery

If it’s a Sunsynk inverter with panels then those can be installed and set up as a grid tied inverter and once the battery arrives, you can install it. 

Hi Guys with regards to Hubble backorders and product availability 

There are some of our clients waiting Impatiently for their Hubble backorders and we apologize  for the inconvenience. 

We are trying our best to Resolve this matter as best we can.

There is a huge demand for the product and everyone is fighting for stock at the moment however we feel confident that the stock backlog and shortage will be sorted out by the 15th or 16th of June there after we should not have backlogs or backorders on Hubble AM2 batteries.

The Rest of their product range will only be available after the 30th of July there is simply no stock available on the S-120 AM4 or X101 

Regards

Power Forum Sales 

18 hours ago, Powerforum Store said:

Hi Guys with regards to Hubble backorders and product availability 

There are some of our clients waiting Impatiently for their Hubble backorders and we apologize  for the inconvenience. 

We are trying our best to Resolve this matter as best we can.

There is a huge demand for the product and everyone is fighting for stock at the moment however we feel confident that the stock backlog and shortage will be sorted out by the 15th or 16th of June there after we should not have backlogs or backorders on Hubble AM2 batteries.

The Rest of their product range will only be available after the 30th of July there is simply no stock available on the S-120 AM4 or X101 

Regards

Power Forum Sales 

It's good to see some honesty now rather than hearing empty promises for the last 3 weeks.

The problem is not that 'everyone is fighting for stock'. Hopefully that is referring to a fight between distributors and not end-customers (i.e indirectly blaming Hubble). The problem is the poor order tracking. Why would someone fight for stock if there was an objective prioritisation and tracking system in place.

The reason I am 'waiting impatiently' is because:

a) you missed existing promises 3x

b) you wanted full upfront payment so now I can't shop around

Edited by SolarKoos

18 hours ago, Leshen said:

If it’s a Sunsynk inverter with panels then those can be installed and set up as a grid tied inverter and once the battery arrives, you can install it. 

Nope, unfortunately the panels are also idle because of the delay in supplying brackets, which is another story altogether.

To be clear we do not have Control over how @HubbleLithium handles their orders and  logistics they use a company called Rhenus Logisticts to handle deliveries and collections and Hubble Lithium staff and management decides stock allocation.

So again we do not have direct control.

We have to pay for the orders before the time when we place an order for the customer so technically Hubble lithium sits with all the customers money.

Once we have placed the order we are at their mercy to who does or does not get stock and when the client gets the battery that has been paid for.

We try our best to get meaningful information from them with Regards to back orders so we can give feedback to our clients. 

However communication in this regard has proven difficult be it telephonic or via email the response is mostly the same.. IE the order is processed or not or its in picking with no details like estimated time of delivery or any useful feedback we can give our clients. 

I have gone as far as giving clients the hubble order number so they can contact Hubble directly and all of them get the same lack of information.

This is the current reality.

This whole situation is not just a problem with battery components that come from China, but covers ALL markets that get components from China.

This entire Covid Scam and recent lock-downs again in China, as well as the previous lock-downs in China have obliterated the supply chains of most markets, including the solar market. This problem will not disappear overnight. If you can get stock soon, I suggest stock up well on all items.🤔

39 minutes ago, Powerforum Store said:

To be clear we do not have Control over how @HubbleLithium handles their orders and  logistics they use a company called Rhenus Logisticts to handle deliveries and collections and Hubble Lithium staff and management decides stock allocation.

So again we do not have direct control.

We have to pay for the orders before the time when we place an order for the customer so technically Hubble lithium sits with all the customers money.

Once we have placed the order we are at their mercy to who does or does not get stock and when the client gets the battery that has been paid for.

We try our best to get meaningful information from them with Regards to back orders so we can give feedback to our clients. 

However communication in this regard has proven difficult be it telephonic or via email the response is mostly the same.. IE the order is processed or not or its in picking with no details like estimated time of delivery or any useful feedback we can give our clients. 

I have gone as far as giving clients the hubble order number so they can contact Hubble directly and all of them get the same lack of information.

This is the current reality.

Thanks, that's good to know where the battery delivery delays and scheduling problem are sitting - with Hubble. Hopefully whatever supplier ultimately wins market share in SA will offer good service to back their technology and pricing.

3 hours ago, TimCam said:

This whole situation is not just a problem with battery components that come from China, but covers ALL markets that get components from China.

This entire Covid Scam and recent lock-downs again in China, as well as the previous lock-downs in China have obliterated the supply chains of most markets, including the solar market. This problem will not disappear overnight. If you can get stock soon, I suggest stock up well on all items.🤔

In this case Hubble mainly needs to be more committed and proactive in managing communication about delivery dates

3 hours ago, SolarKoos said:

In this case Hubble mainly needs to be more committed and proactive in managing communication about delivery dates

Unfortunately life is no longer that simple anymore. You are now feeling your part of the supply chain breakdown, Just as the Powerforum Store and Hubble are at the mercy of the breakdown. No one can give any solid dates, until they have stock in hand. Sorry @SolarKoos if you want to blame someone point your fingers at all the thugs running the Covid Scam, and all their captured governments. 😡

26 minutes ago, TimCam said:

Unfortunately life is no longer that simple anymore. You are now feeling your part of the supply chain breakdown, Just as the Powerforum Store and Hubble are at the mercy of the breakdown. No one can give any solid dates, until they have stock in hand. Sorry @SolarKoos if you want to blame someone point your fingers at all the thugs running the Covid Scam, and all their captured governments. 😡

Just to add to the msg above. We are a manufacturer of PCBs. I can honestly say that getting basic components is a real problem. Some items we are having a 9 month lead time. Some designs had to be changed and different items sourced.

We just need to look at how one battles to get solar panels and in turn they battle to get silicon.

We were partly lucky that double normal stock were ordered and delivered in Dec.

I am not sure but would guess that Hubble are also just waiting and not a clear time line to get their stock. Thus no commitment can be made. I do agree that there should at least be open communication about the problem or even refunds.

This gives some idea what lead times are for simple items used on most PCBs.

IMG_20220611_190129.thumb.jpg.9690236ab1add8dc95aa4bb6ea0b4044.jpg

Edited by Scorp007

19 hours ago, Powerforum Store said:

I would cancel my order, request a refund on grounds of being mislead and buy from someone that has stock. How can you accept more orders knowing you dont have stock? You are now holding that person hostage financially  is'nt it? The supplier have their money so could'nt care less about the customer.

Had the same type of run arround with AC/DC express and my suppose to be Axpert inverters.For this simple reason I changed suppliers and wont buy from AC/DC Express  again,EVER!!!!!!.

And that  is why I prefer over the counter sales.