Sunsynk 8kw Inverter

Leshen

Just now, Leshen said:

Hi Guys. My new installation. 24 x 390w JA Mono solar panels with an 8kw Sunsynk inverter and 2 x 5kwh Bull Lithium batteries.  More pics to follow soon...

B4745B1D-1150-4B61-8D00-2716923D85D3.jpeg

D330A25C-1E2F-4946-BCA2-6D18881A93C0.jpeg

We installed a Klip Lok roof. So the panels are mounted in a landscape orientation without a rail. Much easier and cheaper. 

28 minutes ago, lancelot said:

Do you have big consumption during the day?  If not your batteries are going to be 100% charged before 10am with those many panels.

I also assume you are going to use all 4 strings on the MPPT (4*6)?

Yeah I do have big consumption. Also will see if I could feed back into the grid. I have 3 strings of 8 to keep the voltage higher for better efficiency. 

Nice setup, but you forgot to install the last row of 4 panels on the right-hand side of your roof :lol:

I have nearly as many panels as you have, and in summer my batteries usually recharge before noon.  After that I use the spare energy to boost the water temps in the geyser.  And later in the day the famous Pretoria summer thunderstorms make sure that there's no more generation to be had!

In winter the batteries take a tad much longer to recharge, but at least we are blessed with cloudless weather so it does not really matter...

9 hours ago, ChristoSnake said:

Nice setup, but you forgot to install the last row of 4 panels on the right-hand side of your roof :lol:

I have nearly as many panels as you have, and in summer my batteries usually recharge before noon.  After that I use the spare energy to boost the water temps in the geyser.  And later in the day the famous Pretoria summer thunderstorms make sure that there's no more generation to be had!

In winter the batteries take a tad much longer to recharge, but at least we are blessed with cloudless weather so it does not really matter...

Thank you. Doing the last bit of the installation today. 

F560DBDE-F4F8-4E8A-8D15-2739117CD596.jpeg

20 minutes ago, gbyleveldt said:

I’m really liking the Sunsync inverters. I can kick myself for going the Goodwe route

They seem to have really put out a brilliant inverter and taking SA by storm. 

Read that they will be bringing in a 3 phase inverter over the next month and possibly a 10kw or 12kw single phase unit as well. 

39 minutes ago, Achmat said:

Nice.

You should request the new software. That looks like an older software version. 

How do I get the new software. I’m still waiting for my WiFi dongle to be delivered. Also the label on the side of the inverter says PV input of 8000w yet the manual says 10000w. Not sure which is correct

EE3A0489-5AF8-4A7E-A0BF-ABFA6D4BECC1.jpeg

Can anyone please help me. I’m not sure it’s a software issue. My inverter prioritizes the grid instead of the battery at night. It’s only when I turn the grid supply to the inverter off, then only does it use battery power. How do I change this. 

20 minutes ago, Leshen said:

How do I get the new software. I’m still waiting for my WiFi dongle to be delivered. Also the label on the side of the inverter says PV input of 8000w yet the manual says 10000w. Not sure which is correct

EE3A0489-5AF8-4A7E-A0BF-ABFA6D4BECC1.jpeg

Label is outdated. I have the same unit and confirmed with support that you can connect just over 10kw of panels. 

Software can only be updated by them with the WiFi dongle. You request it on their website and give them the serial number of the WiFi dongle. They will push it through within 48 hours. 

It will give you another screen like below. 

Screenshot_20201031-082834_Gallery.jpg

17 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Can anyone please help me. I’m not sure it’s a software issue. My inverter prioritizes the grid instead of the battery at night. It’s only when I turn the grid supply to the inverter off, then only does it use battery power. How do I change this. 

Can you post some pic of the timer settings. 

42 minutes ago, Achmat said:

Label is outdated. I have the same unit and confirmed with support that you can connect just over 10kw of panels. 

Software can only be updated by them with the WiFi dongle. You request it on their website and give them the serial number of the WiFi dongle. They will push it through within 48 hours. 

It will give you another screen like below. 

Screenshot_20201031-082834_Gallery.jpg

This is such a better way of seeing the flow 

3 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Is this it?

Yes. 

You need to put a tick in use timer. 

Then you can edit the times on the right and the SOC that you want to stop using the batteries. 

So if you only want to use 60% of the batteries then you set the SOC to 40%. Don't tick grid charge as that is only if you want to charge from the grid at that time and when you want it to stop charging from the grid. 

4 minutes ago, Achmat said:

Yes. 

You need to put a tick in use timer. 

Then you can edit the times on the right and the SOC that you want to stop using the batteries. 

So if you only want to use 60% of the batteries then you set the SOC to 40%. Don't tick grid charge as that is only if you want to charge from the grid at that time and when you want it to stop charging from the grid. 

Ok let me try

@Vassen I had a WhatsApp video call with him and can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Could just be a software update that will fix it.

Basically when timer settings is activated its not pulling anything from solar. He has to switch the grid off to get it to use Solar and batteries. 

Not sure where in joburg you are and if you can also try to assist. 

1 hour ago, Achmat said:

@Vassen I had a WhatsApp video call with him and can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Could just be a software update that will fix it.

Basically when timer settings is activated its not pulling anything from solar. He has to switch the grid off to get it to use Solar and batteries. 

Not sure where in joburg you are and if you can also try to assist. 

Thanks guys. I would appreciate it if someone could help me cos right now, if I put my geysers on, it pulls power from Eskom

45 minutes ago, Leshen said:

Thanks guys. I would appreciate it if someone could help me cos right now, if I put my geysers on, it pulls power from Eskom

Hi there,

I figured out if you set your max sell power to whatever your solar array is then you get the result you are looking for.

I've spent hours myself trying to figure this out and that did it.

Let me know if this works for you.

This is for my Deye inverter so you'll have to find the Sunsynk equivalent.

deye.jpg

deye2.jpg

deye3.jpg