AM-2 Installation Photos

HubbleLithium

I have to ask, I took delivery of my two batteries (Am-2) recently and my first thought was why have the terminals at the bottom?

Is there a design reason to not have them on top for shorter cable lengths when mounted below the inverter( this seems to be the most common mounting option)?

I am prob going to mount them upside-down....

*Edit

There should also be better natural heat dissipation if the vent holes are on top.

If you do consider it,  flipping the interfaces would help too else its all upside down when mounted on the wall

Capture.JPG

Edited by Kill_switch
more info

Hi Kill_switch,

Good question. When we looked at the design with holes on top it created a problem for dust and particle, especially water incursion if there is a leak from a water pipe above the battery etc. 

The only heat being generated will be from the BMS charger which is situated at the bottom when charging at a high rate, however the temperature of this is neglegable. The BMS has temperature control and shutdown if the temperature gets too high or will start throttling the charge/discahrge back if above 65 degrees temperature. The internal prismatic cells we use generate almost no heat due to them being grade A cells.

SABS 10142-1 2017 edition 2 (there are new regulations ... just havent got around to paying another R1000)

6.6.1.7 C) A DB shall not be mounted within a radius of 1 m from a water tap or valve (in the same room) unless the enclosure provides a degree of protection of at least IP44. 

That DB looks closer than 1 m ... however the DB looks like it has an IP rating of at least IP44 ... so its all good. ;)

That looks like OBO trunking from Oline ? 

• 1 month later...

My hubble is installed and operating great. I've set the discharge and charge to max 50a will that extend the lifespan? Also what's the recommended % I should let the battery drop to on a daily basis? It's currently set at 35%.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Could @HubbleLithium at least dedicate someone on a bi-weekly or monthly basis to give answers on this forum thread, I think this would help. I'm looking at getting a HUBBLE AM-4 Battery 25.5v 2.6KWh to replace my current Sealed Gel batteries. On my Chinese MMPsolar inverter I can set four parameters (Maximum charge, Minimum charge, High voltage upper limit, Low voltage cut-off. All else am unable to set as this inverter cannot communicate with the battery. How does this affect my warranty?

On 2022/01/01 at 6:21 PM, Moffat said:

Could @HubbleLithium at least dedicate someone on a bi-weekly or monthly basis to give answers on this forum thread, I think this would help. I'm looking at getting a HUBBLE AM-4 Battery 25.5v 2.6KWh to replace my current Sealed Gel batteries. On my Chinese MMPsolar inverter I can set four parameters (Maximum charge, Minimum charge, High voltage upper limit, Low voltage cut-off. All else am unable to set as this inverter cannot communicate with the battery. How does this affect my warranty?

In the past, @HubbleLithium have indicated that they prefer customers to log support calls using their official support channel. They feel that they can manage the support workload and quality far better that way. In a way I don't blame them, no battery manufacturer that I know of provides support via social media. To their credit, they have responded on this forum a few times already when there was an escalation.

10 hours ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

In the past, @HubbleLithium have indicated that they prefer customers to log support calls using their official support channel. They feel that they can manage the support workload and quality far better that way. In a way I don't blame them, no battery manufacturer that I know of provides support via social media. To their credit, they have responded on this forum a few times already when there was an escalation.

Turn around time via their ticket system was redoncoulus!

But social platforms is the new normal for support.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021/02/09 at 12:38 PM, Kill_switch said:

I have to ask, I took delivery of my two batteries (Am-2) recently and my first thought was why have the terminals at the bottom?

Is there a design reason to not have them on top for shorter cable lengths when mounted below the inverter( this seems to be the most common mounting option)?

I am prob going to mount them upside-down....

*Edit

There should also be better natural heat dissipation if the vent holes are on top.

If you do consider it,  flipping the interfaces would help too else its all upside down when mounted on the wall

Capture.JPG

Did a little experiment with mine just to see if it makes a difference in temperatures.
Mounted a typical 120mm computer case fan on the bottom left vent hole. I stuck it down with some double sided tape on the battery chassis so that it extracts from the battery enclosure. 
Had an unused 12V power supply which powers the fan at it's rated 12V
Although the average cell temp only dropped by about 0,3deg C, the highest cell temp went down by a full degree C.
So now the reported high, average and low cell temps are all pretty much the same temp. So that makes a difference already.

My inverter is in the garage so the extra fan noise doesn't bother. 

image.png.0e80406fb45f892f64797bb614ca4ddc.png

Edited by zsde

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...